5 ways to eat BEETS
- Raw – Blend raw beets into a smoothie;
- Roasted – A classic way to enjoy tender and juicy beets;
- In a salad – A good pairing with other salad staples;
- Pickled – Tangy vinegar and sweetness complement beets’ earthy undertones
- As a dessert – Beet cakes and brownies are soft and moist.
5 ways to eat CABBAGE
- In salads & slaws – Packed with nutrients, raw cabbage leaves are a delicious alternative to lettuce;
- Add to soups – easy and healthy addition to any soup
- Make cabbage rolls – Cook cabbage leaves and wrap around your favorite fillings;
- Sautéed – Sauté cabbage briefly in olive oil and add to wraps with some other veggies
- Add to stir-fries – easy and healthy addition to any stir-fry.
5 ways to eat CARROTS
- Braised – Carrots simmered in chicken or vegetable broth are tender and full of flavour;
- Roasted – Roasting carrots intensifies their flavour;
- Steamed – Super simple and preserves flavour and nutrients;
- Sautéed – Delicious in stir-fries and a great complement to other vegetables;
- Flafoured – Make it sweet, sour, spicy, savoury… endless possibilities.
5 ways to eat POTATOES
- Mashed – At the holiday table or on a crisp fall day, there’s nothing better than a bowl of creamy mashed potatoes;
- Roasted – Crispy and golden potato chunks are a perfect side dish;
- Stewed – Potato cubes absorb the rich flavours of your favorite stew recipe;
- As a salad – Potato salad is not just for summer barbeques. Experiment with various flavours and recipes;
- Shredded – Potato pancakes can be great for breakfast or as appetizers.